The perfect patio or alfresco area is not complete without a custom stylish outdoor kitchen. Gone are the days of the small stand alone bbq. Modern outdoor kitchens include everything from a built in bbq, rangehood, bar fridge, waterproof outdoor kitchen cabinets, sinks, taps, splashbacks, bar and more.
What better way to get out of the house and enjoy the Aussie weather with your friends and family than by escaping to your backyard kitchen retreat.
At Bushewood Building Company we can build your ideal outdoor kitchen in Perth, no matter how big or small. We also build complete patios, alfresco and fire pit areas.
Outdoor kitchen design
When it comes to building a built-in outdoor kitchen for your home, there are a number of factors to consider. In general, materials used should be able to withstand high temperatures and poor weather conditions. Some popular choices include:
Stainless steel outdoor kitchens
- easy to clean
- quick to install
- able to be relocated if needed
- naturally non-combustible
- no rotting wood or crumbling mortar
- can be more expensive than other options
Brick outdoor kitchens
- can be customised into any configuration desired
- requires a level concrete slab underfoot
- permanent, not able to be moved easily
- construction can take longer than other options
- can get dirty with grease easily if not maintained properly
Concrete outdoor kitchens
- as for brick outdoor kitchens, although:
- quicker to construct
- often a cheaper option
Timber outdoor kitchens
- can allow great deal of customisation
- requires covering with panelling, tiles, stone or veneers
- needs insulation to protect wood from heat and water
- usually uses treated pine
- significant degree of maintenance
- prone to rot, water damage and staining
Outdoor kitchen cabinets
At Bushewood Building Company we can craft custom cabinetry for your project, including waterproof outdoor kitchen cabinets. Keep the contents of your kitchen cupboards clear of water, grease, bugs and insects.
Just like indoors, an outdoor kitchen countertop can be made from a number of different materials including wood, marble, granite or tile. Ideally you want something that is heavy duty, UV stabilised, scratch resistant and requires little upkeep.
An outdoor kitchen cost can vary widely depending on the size, shape and materials used. For a free no-obligation quote and site visit from one of our builders, contact us today by phone or using the form below. We look forward to working with you to bring your outdoor living area to life.